Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mo's Midtown, Hartford's Best Breakfast

These past few weeks have blown by. Lots of traveling and no internet makes for a very boring blog...until catch-up time!!! I have lots of pictures and stories that I'll separate into different posts. So let's see...I'll start with Hartford's Best Breakfast, a close by diner that we ate at on our last day in Hartford. We had heard about it from a lot of people that it was actually very good (we pass by it almost every day on our way to school and work) for a tiny little joint. Mo's Midtown, it's called and run by a family. We were served drinks by the grandma, food by the son, and paid the bill to the daughter. And I suppose the father and some uncles were cooking and prepping. (Who knows, I could be making all of this relative stuff up, but that's what it seemed like to me. Can anyone else verify this?)

Even though it was a rainy day, and we went fairly early, the place was packed and we waited about 15 minutes for a table. (worth it, though)












                                         The little joint....very "Drivers, Din-ins and Drives-esq"

















My breakfast: bacon, home fries, feta omelet, whole wheat toast and summer berry pancakes. 







The omelet was feathery light (which is perhaps not my favorite texture for eggs) but very good none the less!








The pancakes were out of this world!!! Whole wheat with wheat germ! Soooo good! I thought they would taste 



grainy, weird, and perhaps even a little "off," but they were better than any homemade or ihop pancake I've ever 


had!




I can't wait to go back and try more things off their menu. But I will have to. 




No comments:

Post a Comment