Monday, October 10, 2011

Rosemerta's Butterbeer (a delicious Hogsmeade favorite)

Believe it or not, I made Butterbeer tonight. I really have no idea what possessed me to think of making it or even wanting to drink it! Siriusly. It was fun and yummy- although perhaps a bit too sweet for my tastes. (i'm more of an olive and cheese girl) If you've read Harry Potter or seen the movies, you know that Butterbeer sounds and looks so good! The recipe is easy and I found it online. Apparently there's actually a Harry Potter cookbook with a bunch of recipes in it and the website I found has some of them online for free. Pretty cool if you're a fan...if you're not, it's a bit cheesy....



To make Butterbeer you will need:

1/2 cup caramel syrup (like the kind you put on ice cream)
1/2 TBS butter
2 cups of cream or club soda (if you want it pretty sweet use cream)

Directions:

Melt the butter into the caramel syrup in the microwave until completely melted. (about 1 min on high)
Take out and stir to cool for about 30 seconds.
Pour in soda and mix (it will fizz ALOT)
Serve in two small cups and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment