Friday, December 2, 2011

Schnipper's Quality Kitchen and Levain's Bakery



 this past week we were blessed to have a little (and much needed) vacation. so off to new  york city we went! we always have a blast there and got to spend some time visiting my mom. all in all, good stuff.

warning: you may become hungry. i am a lover of food and some images below may be disturbing to your stomach. i suggest grabbing a snack before scrolling below ;)

here we go:



 We almost always go to Schnippers, near Times Square.  They have the best sloppy joes. FYI, Bobby Flay did one of his Throwdown shows here and lost. The food they serve is THAT good. I also recommend getting a chocolate malt. It's delicious. And unlike other malts. I don't like chocolate and I don't like malts but I like the Ghiradelli Chocolate malts at Schnippers. Menu items are from $7-9.

we got to stay in an awesome little apartment. (it used to be josh brolin's apt. years ago) we had a perfect view of the soldiers and sailors memorial from our windows.

 
The famous Levain's double dark chocolate cookie. If sweets are your thing, stop by this bakery. It's tucked away on a side street, but it's worth searching out. Here's the link: http://www.levainbakery.com/ It's on the upper west side. Cookies are around $4-5 each and they also have good coffee (hot or iced) and milk for very reasonable prices. 




happy friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. stopped by from lindsay's blog - you're right, i am hungry!! :-)

    kirstie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness: My husband would die in that bakery and I would go into diabetic shock... and I'm not even diabetic! Oh it looks like you had so much fun :)
    I've been to MT once and absolutely loved it. Our knight was the second or third out, but it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete