Thursday, August 25, 2011

Better Than Sliced Bread (french bread homemade)

If you not a lover of carbs, you can go ahead and skip this post. But for the rest of us, I would like to share with you some fantastically delicious bread. (not literally, but the recipe) I have been following Kneady Sweetie Blog and found some great food I'd like to try and make. So far 2 out of 2 recipes I've made from her blog have been winners at our house. (the first one being Garlic Knots and the second one below)

As I've said before, I am no genius (to put it nicely) when it come to making bread or anything that involves yeast, kneading, rising, kneading etc. But this French Bread Recipe caught my eye and I just. had. to. try. it. (also we were running out of bread)

It's delicious right out of  the oven (duh) and as toast, but we also use it to make sandwiches. It's an all around flavorful bread that will make you wonder why you've been making regular bread for so long.

You can find the recipe here which I recommend doing. I made this bread in my Kitchen Aid Mixer using the dough hook. The only annoying thing is that you have to wait 10 minutes in between kneading in the final stages. (like I said, click the link to see how it's done) Other than that, this bread is beautiful and delicious!  Another thing that I liked is that the recipe makes 2 loves. So a lot of bread for not so much work. win. win.


Here they are, 30 minutes before they go into the oven. (for 30 min at 375F)
They have not yet tanned. 


                           Ta-da! After 30 minutes, they come out golden!
                                                                                                                 

This one is kind of bulbous.



Yum. You can get plenty sandwiches out of these two loaves. 



Now that we have wireless in the apartment, I have my iPad with the recipe pulled up on a cookbook stand!


What bread do you like to make?



No comments:

Post a Comment