Saturday, August 20, 2011

Terrariums

I've always wanted to have a green thumb and enjoy greenery inside. But truth be told, I am actually quite horrible with keeping things alive.  So I've stayed away from getting any plants/flowers/herbs for a couple years now. But after moving into our new apartment, I was inspired by our little outdoor balcony to get some herbs to plant and enjoy fresh in our food.  (And of course, I couldn't stop there) The next logical step? Make some terrariums! I've used mostly all succulents mostly because I wanted a plant that I didn't have to do anything with. (I just have to water these suckers once a month!)




So easy to make and a lot of bang for your buck! Eventually I want to get some moss growing in a couple of these terrariums.





This one is my favorite. I've decided to call her "Please Grow" since all of her roots came off when I was  transplanting it.



My next favorite. No name. yet.



This is where I've put 2 of the terrariums- on the two little shelved underneath our living room mirror.





Not sure what kind of plant this is, but it has 3 different colors of leaves growing on it!



Shelf terrarium. Rocks, Soil, Plants.



Half of our little balcony which I've so far gotten a basil plant and some hearty mums.



I'm looking forward to all the delicious food that will be seasoned with fresh basil!



That's all for now, but I hope to do a post on our new little apartment if you'd like to see it!






No comments:

Post a Comment