Monday, August 22, 2011

Keepin' It Simple in the Bedroom

No, this post is not about that. It's about how easy it is too keep all your lovely lovlies (no, not those) organized. Yes, that's right I'm talking about what we don't leave the house without donning. EARRINGS and NECKLACES!

It didn't take me too long to realize that 1) I needed to organize the tangled strands of beaded necklaces from each other and 2) if I was going to wear them they needed to be in a place where I could see them every day.

Here's my solution (which came to a total of $7 plus tax, courtesy of Marshalls):


I started by picking up this cool antique-ish looking iron wall mounted hooks. $7 bucks, clearance. (score)



It has 5 different swiveling hooks that each have 3 different levels at which you can hang you necklaces.
(isn't it pretty?)




Since I have waay too many to hang individually, some of the hooks are doubled up on necklaces. I also hang some of my stretchy headbands on one of the hooks.




Right along side of my wall hook, I hung a 2-inch wide ribbon for all my dangly earrings. That way I can pick out my necklace AND earrings all at the same time! 



They end product looks like this. Well, actually it looks prettier in real life cuz there's not bad lighting or fuzzies!

What's your solution for organizing? (shoes especially are my ever present problem!)






No comments:

Post a Comment