Sunday, August 21, 2011

Garlic Knots You Won't Want To Miss

Are you a fan of garlic? We are. I always have a couple heads of garlic on hand- it's the one flavor booster that will make my tongue water. You can do so many things with it too! For instance:

Rub a clove on your toast
Pasta Aglio e Olio 
Put it in soups
Rub your salad bowl with a clove to get some essence-y flavor
Put it in salad dressings
Put it in any pasta dish
Season lamb 
Or any kind of meat
Add it to shrimp scampi
Or anything else you can think of!

So last week, when I hit the equivalent of writer's block in the kitchen, I went on this website called tastespotting.com (click Here to go There) and found some great inspiration. (I personally will blame my friend Susan for sharing the addicting website with me) You will find some really mouth watering food on that site and if you click on the picture, it brings you to the blog or website that has the recipe. (you can spend a lot of time on the websites that I will be sharing with you)

It didn't take me long to come across a picture and recipe for garlic knots. Garlic knots? LOVE THEM. I went to KneadySweetie Blog and decided to make them for dinner that night. They were delicious. flavorful. easy. 

Usually when it comes to using yeast and having to wait and let rise and wait and bake and so forth, I am very skeptical because I am very unlucky when it comes to that sort of thing. But these turned out great!
We got a bakers dozen out of the recipe and are also using the bread for sandwiches. (since they make fairly large knots) 

I have to admit, my picture of the garlic knot is not the greatest, but go to her blog and look at her picture. It's much nicer. Also next to try (from her blog): Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.
  


What's  y o u r    favorite way to use garlic?


2 comments:

  1. Mwahaha. Totally will except blame :-). And the raspberry cheesecake ice cream sounds amazing. Oh yum.

    ReplyDelete