Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Child's Bread from the NY Times

So, it's STILL Tuesday where I live, so I'm squeezing in one more post for the day. A couple days ago one of my followers recommended I try this delicious bread. And a week later, I took her advice and made it. (this was a good decision)

Now, this bread is not specifically for children, it's bread that even a 4 or 6 year old could make. I must tell you, it's the best homemade bread I've ever made OR eaten. It's super simple- all you need is:

3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon dry active yeast
1 1/4 tsp. table salt
1 and 1/2 cups water

also quite helpful are:

a bowl
an oven
2 hands

To make the bread:

1) mix together dry ingredients

2) add water

3) cover in bowl and wait 12 hours

4) preheat oven to 500 degrees

5) cook in dutch oven with cover on for 30 minutes and 15 minutes with the cover off


You will be astonished at how delicious and simple this is! I dare you, yes DARE you to make this bread and not like it! 


I do recommend you watch the video before you make it- here's the link!

NY Times No Knead Bread




The 12 hour risen dough


My floured surfaces


Out of the oven!


Yummmmmmmmm


Crispy exterior



Soft, flavorful interior....This is seriously the easiest way to make artisan bread folks. And you can make it for around $1~~~~ can't beat it. 

Take the dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment