Monday, September 12, 2011

Random, Fantom Tuesday

I'm starting to learn that if I want to do a post with pictures in it, nighttime is the best to do it. (Since Karl is usually home, which means his laptop is home, which means I can use iPhoto...you get it...)

As usual, Tuesdays posts will be random. So are you ready for a smattering of picture and a whole lot of random? Put on your adventure hat and here we go!  (that was...awkward, weird, whatever. just scroll down)




Bought I couple red pears this week. Mostly because they're so pretty.




Can't get enough pears.




Made some salsa for the church picnic. Also these (hot chocolate) cookies.



Church picnic! 


The teens are hosting this "rice bowl" project. This little rice bowl is basically a piggy bank and you fill it with your pocket change for the next two weeks. The money collected in all the rice bowls gets donated to a children's orphanage overseas. love it.


Leaving the picnic (karl keeps his name tag on as long as possible) :)


Super-awesome vintage Leed's suitcase I picked up outside a big house on Prospect that had tons of stuff on the curb. 


Simple, tasty beans: 1 can (15.5oz) of beans, 2 garlic cloves, 1 serrano chile pepper, handful of cilantro, chicken broth. Dump it all in a pot and cook for 15 min. 



Macho-Nacho dinner night! 


I made this lemon-scented sweet bread today...mmmmmmm...It's a not the easiest recipe, but I love to try new things. Recipe found here. See some steps below:








The final product. Breakfast, anyone?


Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm laughing because someone at the picnic REALLY wanted to know who made the salsa. They asked me (thinking I might have made it) and asked around to several more people, trying to locate the person (to get the recipe). Apparently it was really good. And I can't believe I can't think of who it was! Argh! Ha, so anyway, know that your salsa was much-loved :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! LOL! Thanks for letting me know... By the way, I tried to comment on your Tabneh post, but it didn't let me for some reason- I was going to say that it sounds very adventurous and tasty. When I eat tomatoes again i'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, because I got the comment notification in my box. I wonder if I didn't notice that it was an "approval" one. I think it generates requirements for approval for ones that are deemed "shady" by a computer program. Hehe. Let me go back and see if I can find it. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I needed to approve it, so now it shows. I wonder what you said that they thought was possibly risque. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete