Monday, September 26, 2011

Yummy Orzo Salad



Do you ever just wish you could take something out of the fridge and eat it for lunch instead of having to cook? or even make a sandwich? The middle of my days usually get really busy so making a big salad that I can just pull out of the fridge and into a bowl really works for me. I also try not to eat meat more than once a day. The flavors in this salad don't even make me miss my meat! (which i love)



to make this salad you will need:
:: 1/2 lb of orzo cooked according to package 
::handful of crasins
:: 1/2 a green or red bell pepper (really any you have on hand will do)
:: feta cheese, crumbled
:: 1/2 chopped onion
:: 1 clove minced garlic
::1 tbs. chopped chives
:: 4 chopped mushrooms (i used mini portabellas) 
:: salad dressing (i use my own homemade, but you could also just to olive oil and balsamic)
:: salt & pepper to taste

this recipe is really easy to double (which i will next time since i only got 2 lunches out of this). if your pasta is still hot, run some cold water through it in a sieve until it's not steaming.

in a large bowl, combine crasins, pepper, feta, onion, garlic, chives, mushrooms and about 1/4 cup of dressing. add orzo and toss to coat. add salt and pepper to taste, and add more dressing as needed.

enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment